Project and work management are powerful tools for knowledge workers and their teams - but what is collaborative work management, and how does it stand out from the crowd? Let's discover the unique advantages of this approach, and find out why it's the optimal choice for smarter collaboration.
To first understand what Collaborative work management is, we need to understand the difference between Collaborative work management and Project Management.
Project management is the implementation of knowledge, tools, and techniques to successfully deliver projects. However, this practice is typically limited to managing projects and not wider activities within an organization.
Collaborative Work Management (CWM) is an upgrade from work management. It focuses on enabling employees to communicate efficiently, access resources more quickly, and work together more effectively – even if staff members are in separate locations using different devices.
Examples of elements in CWM is hosting online meetings, sharing documents and training employees and peers. This shows an obvious connection between online capabilities and how employees use it for an advantage.
Some of the best and most practical uses of collaborative work management are:
Within an organization, it is important to look for a solution that incorporates all of the four stages of a project which are to sell, plan, track and bill.
A great CWM platform usually offers a multitude of features, but many of the important ones are:
Although these tasks seem similar to regular work management platforms, Collaborative work management makes it possible for teams to utilize these tools and collaborate on tasks rather than individual work management.
The Benefits of CWM
Collaborative work management can be especially helpful to organizations and we will highlight the key benefits of why your company should use CWM:
1. Reduced Costs: Collaborative work management allows employees of an organization to manage and complete tasks within the comfort of their home, which is remote working. The use of remote working helps the organization cut down a lot of costs when it comes to transport costs and in-office costs (accommodation, utilities, facilities). It also enables employees to quickly be given direction on an online platform about their tasks, which saves the company from repeat work, ultimately reducing costs.
2. Increased Efficiency: Have you ever felt like you could do so much more, only if you knew what other tasks you could do? An organization’s efficiency can be greatly increased with CWM since CWM platforms provide a place for organizational data to be stored in one place. This makes it much easier for an employee to find relevant files with live updates, saving a lot of time. As mentioned in the previous point, employees will be quickly informed of tasks which prevents repeat work, which is also a step in increasing efficiency and making more productive use of time.
3. Increased Productivity: There are a lot of departments that feel like no matter how many hours they spend on work, nothing really seems to make a difference. That is just a lack of productive working since the abilities of an employee are not used to their full potential. This is usually due to employees doing unnecessary repeated tasks, which are eliminated through CWM automation. This elimination enables employees to have more time to spend their time more productively on doing tasks that could make a difference.
4. More Transparency: Digging through a scattered email and not being able to find what you need can get very frustrating, which is why transparency is important. Since CWM platforms are a centralized data solution, it is way easier for staff to communicate with each other and find relevant documentation, even through different departments. All the data in these platforms have time-based user tags, which help identify potential mistakes and can be used to clearly communicate what can be done to correct it.
5. Better Outcomes On Projects: Since these benefits improve a lot of organizational traits that were generally overlooked when using traditional methods of work, it is easy to say with confidence that greater productivity, transparency and efficiency can greatly improve project outcomes. CWM enables organizations to get more tasks done with reduced costs by having more productive employees meet deadlines since communication is clearer.
So why should I implement CWM in my organization?
Collaborative work management is not only a solution to a problem, but is a concept that makes it easier for us to communicate with each other. It enables us to focus on what is important to grow as an organization.
Implementing CWM is not just a process, but a learning experience that requires the efforts of a team to help build a stronger organization through digital transformation. Storing data in one place means that people will have to come together and cooperate to make their ideas possible.
When and how do I start Digital Transformation for my company?
We at 57Network also help businesses from SMEs to larger businesses develop digital work management through digital transformation. We use CWM platforms to simplify your organizational processes and add productivity to your everyday tasks.
From simple task management and project planning to complex resource and portfolio management, we can help you improve collaboration and increase work velocity, empowering you to get more done.
Our platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done.
Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time.
To develop a customized solution with personalized training for your team, you can contact us to integrate a Collaborative Work Management platform into your company.